Δευτέρα 2 Απριλίου 2012

Taylor Swift wins big at ACMs


Taylor Swift won the top honour at the Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday.
The 22-year-old country singer beat off stiff competition to be named Entertainer of the Year at last night's ceremony.
Taylor ' who also won the gong last year - took to the stage to thank her loyal supporters.
'Thank you so much to the fans who voted for this, I am so happy about this,' she gushed when accepting the award. 'I want to say to my fellow nominees: I respect you so much. I love you.'
Miranda Lambert picked up Album of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year prizes at the ceremony. Her fourth studio album Four the Record triumphed over records from Kenny Chesney and Lady Antebellum.
The country songstress was surprised at the win.
'Seriously? I own every record in this category and I've been thinking 'Man, I'm not going to get it.' . I am so thrilled, I will never take this trophy for granted. My albums are my babies,' she exclaimed.
Blake Shelton, who co-hosted the ceremony with Reba McEntire, was named Male Vocalist of the Year.
The singer ' who is married to Miranda ' beat stars including Brad Paisley and Chris Young to the accolade.
'Man . I didn't see that coming at all,' he said.
The Academy of Country Music awards also played host to a wedding last night.
Music fans Frank Tucci and Christina Davidson tied the knot in a special ceremony at the awards.
The pair met after each tragically lost their spouse. Frank and Christina enjoyed a public ceremony on the ACM stage.
Martina McBride and Train singer Pat Monahan serenaded them with a duet of Marry Me, before they exchanged vows in front of a 12,000-strong audience.
The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards winners
Song of the year - Eli Young Band, Crazy Girl
Album of the year - Miranda Lambert, Four the Record
Single record of the year- Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay
Vocal group of the year - Lady Antebellum
Vocal event of the year - Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay
Video of the year - Toby Keith, Red Solo Cup
Vocal duo or the year: Thompson Square
New artist of the year - Scotty McCreery
Female vocalist of the year - Miranda Lambert
Male vocalist of the year - Blake Shelton
Entertainer of the year - Taylor Swift

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου